Are your details up to date?
Receive our news, event invitations and alumni benefits
Global alumni networks
Join one of Macquarie's many global alumni groups
Enhance your career
View the range of career benefits and opportunities available to Macquarie alumni.
Alumni loyalty scholarships
Postgraduate Loyalty Scheme
Macquarie graduates may be eligible for a 10% sponsorship of fees when deciding to continue their postgraduate study with us.
Learn more about the Postgraduate Loyalty Scheme.
Business short courses
We offer a range of short courses on:
Macquarie University graduates receive a special 20% discount on enrolment in open program courses.
For more information, visit the Short Courses website.
Contact us to find out how you can use this exclusive alumni discount.
T: +61 (2) 9850 9016
Teachers and educators
The Academy of Continuing Professional Development in Education offers teachers and educators professional development courses from across Macquarie University, enabling teachers to learn directly from the experts who are leaders in their fields.
- curriculum relevant
- focused on current challenges facing educators
- provide direct exposure to our new research and methods.
Macquarie University is endorsed to provide the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) registered professional development for teachers accredited at ‘proficient’ and ‘highly accomplished’.
Recent graduates (less than 12 months)
Careers and employment services
Macquarie's Career and Employment Service is offered to all current students during their studies and up to 12 months after they graduate.
Recent graduates can register as alumni in Employability Connect to access Macquarie's career services, including:
- employment opportunities — casual, international, volunteer, work experience
- career events — career planning, interviews, resume writing
- career information — presentations from past employers, sample resumes and fact sheets.
Macquarie Student Employment
Macquarie Student Employment (MQSE) helps students and recent graduates become job-ready and facilitates paid employment opportunities on- and off-campus.
They offer support services with resume building, applications and interview skills.
Backpack to Briefcase series
The Backpack to Briefcase (B2B) series focuses on providing our new alumni with professional development, networking and career-building opportunities. These include events in person, volunteer opportunities, and exclusive access to professional development content and online communities via social media.
We have several different themes including:
- Beer with the Boss — one of our most popular alumni networking events, and is about the opportunity for young alumni to connect with senior industry leaders outside the work environment. The concept is simple: relax, grab a drink (or two) and speed network with a ‘boss’ in a group.
- The Challenge — in teams, work together to come up with a solution to the scenario and give a short, three-minute pitch in front of a panel of accomplished (but friendly) experts. The Challenge is about so much more than winning. It is about getting out of your comfort zone, bouncing ideas off people you’ve never met, hearing fresh perspectives by thinking outside the box and practicing your problem solving and communication skills.
- Pop-up networking drinks — a casual networking event with the only agenda being to meet people.
- Professional workshops.
Join our Young Alumni network on LinkedIn to find out more.
Check out some event photos from our previous Backpacks on Flicker:
Career services for MGSM alumni
Alumni of the Macquarie Graduate School of Management (MGSM) have special access to a range of initiatives to help graduates make important decisions about their career.
MGSM alumni will have access to their strategic career development framework, which offers a clear structure to guide you through your career development journey.
For more information, view the MGSM Career Service website.
Hire Macquarie talent
If you're in a position to recruit new talent, consider connecting with our career and employment services team to build your professional network and engage with our enthusiastic students.
Opportunities can include:
- advertising a job on CareerHub to more than 40,000 students and recent graduates
- hiring an intern or sharing paid/unpaid internship opportunities
- exhibiting at our careers fairs or on-campus workshops
- partnering with us to provide cooperative education programs.
To learn more, visit our hiring students webpage.
Career Advantage MQ Program
For the special alumni price of $240 (standard price is $900), an appointment with Career Advantage MQ will help you take the next step in your profession.
This vocational service is delivered by Masters of Organisational Psychology provisional psychologists using the latest career assessment tools to help you plan your career.